Sunday, October 12, 2008

Words of wisdom to adhere to...

I've got some words of wisdom that got me as far as winning that job interview that I was aiming for. Some of these, can be used and when applied with skill, will be impressive I tell you!

1. That Starbuck's guy was right when he said "You got to challenge yourself every few years even when you're hitting home runs."

2. He also said "Don't be afraid to learn from people smarter than you."

3. He also said "Compromise on everything except you core values and everything matter (in terms of the little things that customers appreciate)"

4. "Live by the Golden Rule," - this is to be applied not said. Treat them as they you would like them to treat you.

5. My favourite, after it's all over and if the occasion arises and if they seem friendly enough: "I think it was the former CEO of AMD, Hector Ruiz who summed it up best when he said: You can get far in life, without being an asshole!" - mind you, I only use this to give a nice warm fuzzy feeling lasting impression when it seems that all seems well and friendly like. You don't want to seem cocky - friendly and sincere is what you're aiming for...

No comments: